Alongside our Club Secretary, the St Pat’s Races are coordinated by a dedicated volunteer Committee who oversee all aspects of race day from facilities and racing, to hospitality and entertainment.
Our iconic event relies heavily on the work of volunteers, who contribute to the success and growth of the sport in our local community.
Our purpose is to contribute to the growth of the Broken Hill community and economy through tourism, racing and events. If you are passionate about making a positive contribution to your community, or have a few hours to donate, we would love to hear from you.
There are a wide variety of tasks that you can get involved with as a St Pat’s Committee Member. There are a range of portfolios within our Committee including, but not limited to:
- Racing and regulation
- Hospitality and entertainment
- Facility works
- Marketing and promotion
The Committee welcomes new members year-round, and your time commitment will vary based on your portfolio and availability.
The Committee officially meet once per month on a Thursday evening, with meetings lastly around 1 – 1.5 hours. Some portfolios may meet more regularly. As Race Day approaches, the Committee may meet on a weekly basis. The Club also hold an annual AGM.
If you take on an Executive role, such as President or Vice-President, your time commitment will likely increase.
What's in it for me?
Being a part of Broken Hill’s most iconic event is a rewarding experience.
- Work alongside a diverse team of individuals with a range of backgrounds and skills
- Use your creative and innovative skills to bring new ideas to the outback
- Team up with likeminded people to achieve your vision of the perfect event
- Opportunity to network with our Committee and sponsor businesses
In addition to a wide range of personal development opportunities, we also offer our Committee:
- Access to the air conditioned Sponsors & Committee Lounge on Race Day, including hospitality package
- Invitation to attend our Sponsors Night the evening prior to Race Day
- Invitations to other various events on the St Pat’s calendar
If becoming a formal Committee member is not for you, you can still get involved!
The heads of each of our Committee Portfolios are always looking for an extra helping hand in the lead up to race day for tasks such as:
- Ticket sales and booking administration
- Racecourse maintenance and preparation
- Transporting items and venue set-up
- Stage crew for events in the lead up to race day